If you are looking for an answer to Which direction should ceiling fan go in summer? Then don’t worry, as we got that covered for you. As the temperature sores high, it becomes essential to moderate and adjust our appliances, namely, fan, AC, etc. Though we can’t get the exact temperature we want, we can change it somewhat.
In this article, we will see what should be the positioning of the fan, the direction it must be kept so that you get cool air, and we will also see what should be the minimum revolution per minute (RPM) for a ceiling fan. So, let us get started.
Working principle of a ceiling fan?
Before we understand Which direction should ceiling fan go in summer, we will first try to know how a ceiling fan wok and the principle behind it.
- It is essential to know what fluid dynamics means and the concept of air movement before we learn about the working of a fan.
- Fluid dynamics is the chemistry of physics that explains the flow of air, for example, how it flows in a tube or on a surface, etc.
- The concept of air movement is nothing but how the air moves and how much pressure, for example, whether with high or low pressure.
- Based on the composition and the altitude, how the air moves can be understood with the help of the air movement.
- The ceiling fan works on the above two concepts – fluid dynamics and the movement of air.
- Once you switch on the fan, due to the direction of the blades and as a cause of their rotation, the air generally goes down. It is because the air comes down, it touches the body of the humans, and thus the air gets sensed by the skin. This is the working principle of a ceiling fan.
Which direction should ceiling fan go in summer?
It gets unbearable when there is too much heat, and despite having electronics like a fan, the same temperature increases frustration among humans. If you are wondering how, you can keep the fan in the summer season to improvise the situation, let us see what it is.
As already mentioned above, the fan generally sends the air down, thus making humans feel the air on their skin; however, during the summer season, when the degrees are high, the fan must be kept in a counter-clockwise direction so that due to fan’s rotation in the above manner will generate cool air in the downward direction with the help of its blades. By doing this, you can raise the temperature on your thermostat slightly.
To get confirmation, you can follow the instructions in the manual and stand below to check the same after adjusting it in the above-said manner. It is also vital for the readers to keep in mind that, to have better results, the knob of the fan must be a higher number which will make you feel better.
What are the minimum RPM required for a 1200/600 mm ceiling fan?
Now that we have seen in which direction should ceiling fan go in summer, we will now see the required number of revolutions for each minute in a ceiling fan of 1200/600 mm. As the readers might wonder why or how the revolutions of the fan play a role in adjusting the air, let us see.
It will generate the air how we want, and knowing the revolutions per minute depending on the type of fan we have will help us understand in which direction it will give better air. Hence for a 1200/600 mm, the minimum revolutions per minute RPM shall be 300 to 350 RPM.
While it might change based on the company that manufactures the fan, the ideal RPM would be what is given above.
In this article, we have seen in which direction should ceiling fan go in summer and how it would help in beating the heat. It can, however, be concluded that despite keeping the fan in the anti-clockwise direction, it will not give cool air immediately; it’s vital to ensure that the speed is also high along with the direction.
Hence, the ceiling fan’s wind feels good against your skin and aids air circulation. We hope you could gain helpful insights from this article, do not forget to give us your comments.